Welcome to Pieur Wellness, an adult Psychiatry private practice. We have a team of excellent Psychiatrists:
- Ifreke Williams, M.D., Medical Director
- Kristin Dominguez, D.O.
- Sonia Alam, M.D.
- Sherin Moideen, M.D.
- Jenny Yung, M.D.
- Amar Mukhtar, D.O.
- Christopher Jackson, M.D.
It would be our pleasure to work with you to address your behavioral
health needs. We have a passion for wellness and integrative care. Our goal is to improve your mental and emotional health, help you
feel better, happier and function at your best.
We utilize a holistic person-centered approach to provide quality compassionate, culturally sensitive and evidence-based
care. We take the time to listen, ensure that you feel heard not rushed, and develop an appropriate treatment plan in collaboration with you. We take pride in helping our patients achieve a better quality of life and sense of
We have special
interest in mood and anxiety disorders, Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and women’s mental health, but we treat a
variety of mental and substance use disorders.
We see individuals ages 18-64 in our Washington DC metro area offices as well as provide Telepsychiatry online video visits serving patients
in DC, Maryland, Virginia, Florida, California and Hawaii.
Currently we accept CIGNA, CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO insurance plans of other states; for all other insurance we are out-of-network and patients will be provided with a billing statement/invoice to submit claims to their insurance for out-of-network reimbursement if applicable.
Please submit a request to schedule your initial appointment, we look forward to meeting you. Be Well.
- We do not provide routine psychotherapy (weekly or biweekly). If it is assessed that you need therapy (with or without medications), we can provide referral to Psychologists/Therapists. You can also search for therapists within your insurance network or on www.psychologytoday.com.
- We do not prescribe the medication Xanax/Alprazolam and do not prescribe high doses or quantities of other Benzodiazepines such as Klonopin/Clonazepam, Ativan/Lorazepam and Valium/Diazepam. Please see FAQ on our website for more information.
- Patients seeking care for ADHD would have to be re-evaluated by one of our Psychiatrists even if they have previously been diagnosed and treated for ADHD. The evaluation/diagnostic process may not be completed during the first appointment, it could take a few visits since records, labs, EKG, other testing and collateral information may also be required. Therefore there is no guarantee that you will receive a prescription for ADHD medication at the initial new patient appointment.
- We do not perform evaluation for long term disability or disability insurance.
- We can only complete forms/supportive documentation on your behalf for short-term medical leave (FMLA) if you have been a patient at the practice for at least six (6) months, been seen a minimum of 5 times (including initial evaluation and routine follow up appointments) and we managed your psychiatric care during the applicable period of illness. Completion of any paperwork is at the discretion of the physician and is billed at our hourly rate, it is not covered by insurance.